The protection of our environment and the health and safety of our employees, our customers and the communities in which we live and operate in is an integral part of NN’s mission to provide high-quality products and superior customer service that continuously exceeds our customers’ expectations. We manage our Company, wherever we do business, in an ethical way that addresses social, environmental and economic objectives. We expect our employees and service providers to embrace these objectives in all our daily activities.
OUR GOALS ARE TO
Implement health and safety practices that enable NN employees to work illness and injury-free and to conduct our operations in an environmentally sustainable and energy efficient manner.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO
- Conducting our business to ensure the occupational health and safety of our employees, customers, suppliers and community neighbors.
- Responsible utilization of natural resources.
- Promoting dialogue with stakeholders about Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) matters and performance.
- Complying with all applicable EH&S laws, regulations and other requirements.
WE WILL ACHIEVE THESE COMMITMENTS BY
- Identifying hazards, assessing risks and implementing effective controls to address root causes and minimize possible consequences.
- Establishing and periodically reviewing EH&S objectives and targets, as well as progress toward such objectives and targets.
- Performing audits and identifying improvement opportunities to drive better EH&S performance.
- Training employees and suppliers on NN’s EH&S policies and procedures to ensure they conduct their work in a healthy, safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Investigating the cause of any environmental problems, or work-related injuries or illnesses, and taking appropriate corrective action.
- Creating and sustaining a safety culture that encourages consulting with employees and participation by employees.
- Planning and designing energy efficient projects and programs where technically and economically feasible.
- Holistically managing the health and wellness of our people.
This document was last updated on April 3, 2020.